Today’s topic of discussion is how to install Lightroom Presets. Here you will learn just how to do that. But before we get to that part, let us first discuss a little about Lightroom.
WHAT EXACTLY IS LIGHTROOM?
Well, for starters, it is a family of image organisation and image manipulation software that was developed by Adobe Systems for operating systems like Windows and macOS. The tool allows the user to view, organise and even edit large numbers of digital photos. One good thing about Adobe Lightroom would be that the edit which the user makes it are non-destructive. Also though it has the name Adobe attached to it, Lightroom cannot perform the same functions as Photoshop can. It cannot perform the following functions:
- Making alteration to the image that is being edited
- Rendering texts or 3D objects on images
- Modifying individual video frames
One important fact that you should keep in mind is that Lightroom is also not a file manager, unlike Adobe Bridge. Lightroom does not have the capabilities to operate on files unless and until they are imported into the database of the tool first. And, only if they are in recognised image formats. So, this was the definition that streamlined lightroom from other tools that are being used in the market widely.
HOW TO INSTALL LIGHTROOM PRESETS?
Well, here I have mentioned a few steps that would help you with the question. So, let us get to the crux of the situation.
METHOD 1: INSTALL LIGHT ROOM IN MAC
- The first method which answers the query of how to install Lightroom Presets, you will be required to install instructions for Lightroom Classic CC (MAC and PC). Here is the stepwise explanation.
- You will be expected to open Lightroom.
- If you are a Mac user, then please open Preferences in Lightroom.
- If you are a Windows user, then you will have to open Edit and then head to Preferences from there.
- Now that you are here go ahead and select the Presets tab which is present in the Preferences box.
- Followed by clicking on “Show Lightroom Presets Folder” and from there you will be required to open the Lightroom folder.
- Go ahead and open the “Develop Presets” folder. Did you know that you can easily copy and paste presets into this folder?
- Once you have restarted Lightroom, you will see that the presets in the Develop Module under the heading of Presets.
Congratulations reader because now you will be able to access your new presets. You can use them to adjust or even enhance your photographs. You can make periodical checks for any more preset updates.
METHOD 2: INSTALL PRESETS FOR LIGHTROOM CLASSICS CC VERSIONS 4-7
Here is a step by step explanation of how to install Lightroom Presets. This procedure is for Mac users and for PCs.
- First of all, you are required to open Lightroom and then go to Develop Mode.
- You are now required to right-click in order to create a New Folder.
- Followed by right-clicking on the “New Folder” (you can always change the name later on). This is done to import unzipped presets for Lightroom into the newly created folder.
- Now browse to where you had saved the unzipped Lightroom presets folder. And, then you will have to select all the .lrtemplate files and click “Import”.
- Congratulations! Now you will be able to make use of all the presets for Lightroom.
Also Checkout: The Best Free Photoshop Alternatives
So, reader, here are the steps that answer the question of how to install Lightroom Presets. I hope this article deemed to be helpful to you and has solved all the queries. If you still have some, then you can shoot me an email, or you can drop them in the comment section which is down below.
One more thing before I leave, if there is something that you mainly want me to write about something then do let me know too. I will be thrilled to cover them for you! Thank you for reading. Take care.
Until next time, precious reader.